Citizenship Attorney in Palm Beach, Florida
GET PERSONALIZED ASSISTANCE WITH CITIZENSHIP
Citizenship may be possible if you fulfill the conditions for citizenship by parentage or naturalization.
Naturalization is simply the process through which an immigrant is granted U.S. citizenship after meeting all the requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act, as determined by Congress. Most individuals apply as a permanent resident, but you may also qualify to apply as a permanent resident whom is a member of the U.S. military or whom is the spouse of a U.S. citizen.
DO I QUALIFY TO BECOME A U.S. CITIZEN?
To qualify for the path to naturalization most commonly taken, the applicant must be a permanent resident for at least five years. If you have held permanent resident status for at least five years, you may apply for naturalization if you meet the following requirements:
- permanent resident for a minimum of five years immediately before filing the application (Form N–400, Application for Naturalization)
- lived within the state in which the application was filed for at least three months before the application was filed
- physically in the U.S. for a minimum of 30 months out of the five years of permanent residency immediately before filing the application
- lived continuously in the U.S. from the day of applying for naturalization until the day naturalization is granted
- able to speak, read, and write English and possess understanding and knowledge of the government and history of the U.S.
- have virtuous character, value the principles of the U.S. Constitution, and are inclined to the happiness and order of the U.S. at all relevant times under the law
GET HELP FROM OUR PROVEN TEAM OF EXPERTS
Do you fulfill all the requirements to apply for naturalization? If so, you can begin the application process. Sarah S. Rama ESQ., LL.M. will be able to help you with each step, from first submitting your application and documents to finally taking the Oath of Allegiance as a citizen of the United States.
The process can seem overwhelming, but the dedicated and compassionate team at Sarah S. Rama, ESQ., LL.M. will be able to assist you and answer your questions. We are experienced and knowledgeable in the realm of immigration law, and we will work diligently to help you realize your dream of citizenship!
Contact Sarah S. Rama, ESQ., LL.M. if you would like to learn more about becoming a U.S. citizen.